First meeting with Prince Stone

This is an extract of Chapter Two of my book Awake: The Chronicles of Chemmis. It is the first meeting of the witch heroine Lindi and her love interest, Prince of the Fey, Stone. Enjoy! Nivi


Just as we neared the doors someone came out. I stopped dead in my tracks, eyes fixed on the guy that walked out.

“Tall, gorgeous and notorious.” whispered Nadia “ Prince Stone, what’s he doing here?”

I was too stunned for words. Stone, Prince of the light fey, what was he doing here again?  I had caught a glimpse of him a fortnight ago coming out of Manu’s house. It was  late and I was on one of my ‘night escapes’.

 I narrowed my eyes suspiciously, something big was going on. The fey did not visit at all unless there was a problem and never twice in a fortnight.

He focused on me, just as we stopped a few feet away from him. A burst of heat hit my gut, causing me to step back.

Cool blue eyes, glared at me reminding me of the icy glaziers in the Arctic Circle. A flash of recognition filled his eyes and he raised his right eyebrow. I dropped my gaze as a horrible thought filled my head. Did he see me that night? Did he see what I did? Then as quick as the flash of recognition came it was gone, but he did not look away. I must have imagined it.

 I was always so careful. Shame filled me as I remembered that night. I snuck out to hide my most recent acquisition. I lowered my eyes and continued walking to the entrance of the hut hoping he would look away. When I glanced up, he had stopped just in front of the doors and was still staring.

His gaze bothered me. He looked at me like he knew me, not just recognised me.

It would be easy to rationalise he recognised me from that night, except that it did not ring true.  I felt something inside of me, in my soul.  This was crazy. I gave myself a mental shrug and moved forward.

His eyes were too intense. So I broke the contact, looking at a spot next to his right ear. We were almost at the entrance and he still had not moved away. I glanced at his face again.

 He frowned annoyed about something, turning away from us he walked in the direction of the stables. Two arrogant looking fey guards came out the doors and followed Stone.

I felt desolate now that he was gone. What was wrong with me? I had to get a grip. Did I hit my head too hard when Zora threw me to the ground?

“Wow that was intense.” Blurted Nadia.

My hot face got, hotter.

“What was intense?” I asked feigning ignorance.

“Don’t you dare pretend that didn’t just happen. Prince Stone couldn’t take his eyes off you?” Nadia scolded, her clover-green eyes sought my brown ones.

“So it wasn’t my overactive imagination”

“Nope, I saw it too”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Love Spell

Born with a Caul(Veil)

Angels and Demons